24 October 2010

HERBERT JOOS "STILL LIFE" 1983 (FLAC)



Although I'm still apalled - Marion Brown - Noah Howard and earlier this year Bill Dixon and Fred Anderson.
They were or better still are dear to me.

I wanted to post this already the day I learned from their death - but it seemed futile at that moment.

But here is it. The second solo LP from Herbert Joos recorded in 1983 at Tonstudio Bauer. The same place as for the MJQK and Formenonly recordings.

It's no dirge in the common sense - but to me it fits.
Solemn but at the same time life affirming.

I allow myself to dedicate this post to this four giants of creative music.

Bill Dixon........Fred Anderson........Noah Howard........Marion Brown

and to Frédito (aus einem anderen Grund).



HERBERT JOOS "STILL LIFE" (solo)

Herbert Joos,trumpet, fluegelhorn and the sounds of nature

As always - link in comments.

Consider.

8 comments:

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wildgrebe said...

many thanks... wgbe

Nuage fiché qui rêve said...

Thank you Onxidlib, for this share and for the dedication ; I'm honored.
The brass choir and the dramatic natural sounds give a special flavor to "The nature way". Beautiful sounds. I'm on my way to the second listen of the album.

Vielen dank !

Anonymous said...

looking forward to hearing this, thankyou

brian said...

repost"!?

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Yes - why not;-)

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

1fichier

francisco santos said...

BIG THX!...